The Research Council would like to open applications for students to apply for the 59th London International Youth Science Forum which will take place in London, United Kingdom from July 26th – August 9th 2017.
- LIYSF is a Two-week residential event based at Imperial College London with lectures and demonstrations from leading scientists around the world.
- Visits to industrial sites, research centres, scientific institutions, world class laboratories and universities.
- Active social calendar with events designed to enable participants gathered from over 65 countries worldwide to learn about different cultures.
- Theme of LIYSF 2017: “Science-Making Life Better” will be considered on opening -day, in the student debate and over the specialist study day.
LIYSF and TRC Student Conditions:
East student is asked to write a personal statement on why is it important to participate in LIYSF 2017.
- Students must have a good idea about LIYSF before writing the statement.
- The statement should include some notes about the student, examples of courses they have completed, any prizes won, experience, interests and skills, hobbies, and books or movies they enjoy.
- The statement should be from 500 – 1000 words.
Students should introduce themselves and express their interest in science and their enthusiasm to attend LIYSF 2017, as well as their suitability to attend the event and represent Oman in such an international multi-cultural event.
The statements will be reviewed by the organizer.
Winning statement authors will be contacted for an interview. In the interview the student will be asked to talk about themselves and to convince the panelists of their responsibility and passion for science.
Selected students to participate in London International Youth Science Forum 2017 will be covered the expenses of:
- Participation fees of LIYSF 2017 (£1,895) which includes: 14 nights’ full board. accommodation, meals, all lectures, demonstrations, visits and social programme.
- Round trip economy class Ticket (Muscat/London/Muscat).
- An allowance of 200 OMR.
Applications are open until 31 March 2017.
To start the application click here