TRC board approved a proposal to establish a strategic program for water related researches as part of the recommendations of the third symposium for Sultan Qaboos Scientific Chairs which was organized by Sultan Qaboos Higher Centre for Culture and Sciences. The symposium was held at the University of Tokyo (2-3 October 2014) under the tilted “Managing Water Resources for Sustainable Development”. The symposium came up with the following recommendations:
1.Support projects and research initiatives related to water, including:
- Projects and Initiatives from Research Centers
- Research Projects Undertaken by Research Chairs Specialized in Water
- Strategic Research Projects which Includes collaborators with International Partners
2.Development and allocation of awards for the best researchand innovation in water sciences.
Theme 1: Innovation and Technology in water sciences
Theme 2: Management of Water Resources
Theme 3: Sustainable Water Supply
Theme 4: Water Treatment
1. Support research, initiatives and innovations in the field of water.
2. Development of national capacities in the field of water research.
3. Raising awareness of issues and challenges of water and the rational use of water resources.
4. Supporting the decision-makers with scientific research.
The steering committee was established and chaired by Secretary General of the Sultan Qaboos Higher Centre for Culture and Science and includes members from:
- The Research Council
Ministry of Regional Municipalities and Water Resources
Sultan Qaboos University
- Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries
- Public Authority for Electricity and Water
- Petroleum Development Oman (PDO)
- Haya Water
Download Program Guidelines
If you would like to submit a pre proposal for first theme (Innovation and Technology in water sciences)
* If you wish to qualify for our Strategic/Directed Research Grant, We urge you to read Program guideline before submitting your details.
* Affiliated Researchers and institutions with TRC electronic system can submit their research proposals along with CV electronically using the Research Electronic Submission System (TRESS)
* Non-affiliated Researchers and institutions with TRC electronic system can submit their research proposals along with CV via sending an email to Research area manager for environment and biological resources email@example.com / 24509867